Are you in grades 6 through 12? If so, check out our youth group and the different activities we offer!
We have a place for you! Come meet good people who like to have fun and learn more about the faith and how it works in our lives! We play games and discuss various topics – we want to hear from you and be a friend. You are welcome to join us!
For more information, contact Fr. Fernando: firstname.lastname@example.org
“So I ask you: Are you looking for empty thrills in life, or do you want to feel a power that can give you a lasting sense of life and fulfillment? Empty thrills or the power of grace? To find fulfillment, to gain new strength, there is a way. It is not a thing or an object, but a person, and he is alive. His name is Jesus Christ.” – Pope Francis, World Youth Day 2016
“God loves us the way we are, and no sin, fault or mistake of ours makes him change his mind. As far as Jesus is concerned – as the Gospel shows – no one is unworthy of, or far from, his thoughts. No one is insignificant. He loves all of us with a special love; for him all of us are important: you are important! God counts on you for what you are, not for what you possess. In his eyes the clothes you wear or the kind of cell phone you use are of absolutely no concern. He doesn’t care whether you are stylish or not; he cares about you! In his eyes, you are precious, and your value is inestimable.” – Pope Francis, World Youth Day 2016
“The fact is, God loves us even more than we love ourselves. He believes in us even more than we believe in ourselves. He is always “cheering us on”; he is our biggest fan.” – Pope Francis, World Youth Day 2016
Youth ministry is for adolescents in grades 6-12. Youth in these grades will attend youth nights together and participate in many of the same activities. However, during times of teaching and discussion, we may divide the youth into two groups: grades 6-8 and grades 9-12.
We want to create bonds of friendship among youth who have strong ethic and strong human and spiritual values. Our goal is to help the adolescent discover himself/herself and discover who he/she is in connection to God, family, and friends.
- We want to help families in the formation of their children’s values and to help the children see these values lived out with their friends in our youth ministry.
- We want to answer any and all questions the adolescents might have about their faith.
- We want youth to have the experience of the friendship and the presence of Jesus Christ in their lives.
- We want youth to have the experience of their family’s faith lived out in themselves and in relationships with their friends. We want youth to have the conviction to live their faith openly and with joy. We want to help youth to make decisions to be authentic in their beliefs and to be willing to share their faith with others.
- We want to create a healthy, joyful, dynamic environment where all will be protected and where all will be welcomed in charity and love.